Week 20 of my 52 book reading challenge (1 book per week for a year) is A trilogy.
This week I am reading The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. This trilogy - made up of Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess - is the prequel series to the very popular The Mortal Instruments series (recently made into a movie and a TV series being filmed soon).
Book blurb - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.
Magic is dangerous – but love is more dangerous still.
When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by – and torn between – two best friends and quickly realizes that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.
1. A book with 'Winter' in the title. I READ Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones. REVIEW
2. A book set on or by the sea/ocean. I READ The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. REVIEW
3. A book with a red cover. I READ Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong .
4. A book with a colour in the title. I LISTENED TO the audiobook of The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner (read by Tom Hiddleston!) :)
5. A book with 'Love' in the title. I READ A Very Accidental Love Story by Claudia Carroll.
6. A book that has been made into a movie or tv show. I READ Insurgent by Veronica Roth AND Paper Towns by John Green.
7. A book recommended by a friend. I READ Looking for Alaska by John Green.
8. A book set in a place you want to visit. I READ The Apartment in Rome by Penny Feeny AND The Travelling Tea Shop by Belinda Jones.
9. A classic. I READ Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy.
10. A book set in a city. I READ A Week In December by Sebastian Faulks.
11. A book with an orange cover. I READ Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
12. A book with 'Spring' in the title. I READ Promises of Spring by Jenny Lane.
13. A memoir / autobiography or similar. I READ On Writing by Stephen King.
14. A book written by a UK author. I READ Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch.
15. A collection of short stories. I READ LOL (a romantic comedy anthology).
16. A book with food in the title. I READ Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher.
17. A book set in your favourite place. I READ Paris for One by Jojo Moyes.
18. A book your mum loves. I READ Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
19. A book with a yellow cover. I READ Catch Me If You Cannes by Lisa Dickenson.
20. A trilogy. I'M READING The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.
21. A book with 'Summer' in the title.
22. A book with a music industry theme/musician character.
23. A book that was originally written in a different language.
24. A book everyone has read but you.
25. A book where the main character has your dream job.
26. A book with a green cover,
27. A book set in France.
28. A book with a film industry theme/character.
29. A book set in your hometown.
30. A book by one of your favourite authors.
31. A book set in Italy.
32. A book with a blue cover.
33. A book set in London.
34. A book about a road trip/journey.
35. A book with a one-word title.
36. A book set in the countryside.
37. A book with 'Autumn' in the title.
38. A book with a purple cover.
39. A book set in New York.
40. A book with a number in the title.
41. A book with an animal on the cover.
42. A 'banned book'.
43. A book that was published the year you were born.
44. A book set in Los Angeles.
45. A book with a black and white cover.
46. A book with 'Chocolate' in the title.
47. A book published this year.
48. A book set at Christmas time.
49. A book by an author with the same first name as you.
50. A book with snow on the cover.
51. A book you learned about because of this challenge.
52. Reread your favourite book.
My chosen trilogy for week 20 is - The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.
What are you reading for week 20?